Thursday, February 18, 2016

DIY Coffee Body Scrub

Hi guys!

Today's video is another DIY video which I hadn't done in a while.
The last one was from Halloween (you can see the post and video here).

This time, I will be sharing my simple yet effective recipe for coffee body scrub!
The coffee scrub has been in the market for a while now and it's basically all the same: ground coffee beans + some goodies like essential oils.
Probably the most popular coffee scrub brand is Frank and now even Sportsgirl makes its own coffee scrub!

But it's basically just ground coffee beans after all, right?

I can't help myself thinking that it's just a mixture of some oil and coffee beans, which you get after enjoying your coffee for free (well you pay for coffee beans but you would toss it away after drinking coffee so basically free).
Ok, so you can make similar stuff for free/cheap, instead of paying so much for fancy packaging, because frankly (pun? HA!) they are pretty expensive if you want to buy the branded one.

I make coffee almost everyday. I start it from grinding beans so I get the ingredients all the time.
So I decided to look up some recipes and I made little changes and I have settled for this recipe.
I have been using the same recipe for almost 6 months and I love it so much that I don't need to make any changes.

It's so simple and so easy, yet very effective so I hope you love this one too!

Ingredients:
3 tbsp (extra virgin) coconut oil
1.5 tbsp natural sea salt
1/2 cup ground coffee (grind to the size of your liking)
Adding your favorite essential oils are optional, but I like the original coconut/coffee smell.



You just mix it.

Super easy, right? I know.

Like I said in the video, there are a few things you need to be careful with this scrub:
1. They can be pretty course, so don't scrub too hard! Always gently massage.
2. It can make a mess in your shower.
And this is an additional point.
3. It never happened with me, but in some areas and buildings, blockage of the drain might be an issue. Considering all the other scrub being so successful, I think it is something to worry though.

I hope you liked it!
And have a wonderful weekend!



--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Follow me on Instagram・Facebook!!

Instagram: Yuiph
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChewyMakeup

Thank you ♡ ٩(๑´3`๑)۶

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

No comments:

Post a Comment