Tuesday, June 5, 2012

REMINGTON Curls Curls Curls review + May Favorite video

Thanks and welcome, makeup lovers!!
It is pouring outside today. It was very nice and sunny when I was getting ready for work so there was no thoughts of taking an umbrella with me to work... (Although my boyfriend took his brand-new compact umbrella with him that he just got yesterday from my friend as a gift.) So when I was coming home, it was raining and I just got wet. A LOT.
It is not far away from where I work at all, it is just like 5 blocks away so I always walk to work. But this distance was long enough to make me soaked!
MY HAIR!!!! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!
I just styled it just the way I loved with this new hair curling iron this morning, now my hair looked worse than wet dog with dread-lock-y hair.
I dried my hair and changed wet clothes, now I am wrapped in a blanket sipping a herbal tea, but I suspect that this event is making my cold come back, which I recovered from just yesterday. I hope my immune system is not that bad. *hope hope*

So let's talk about the actual products!

Here the review and favorite video. 





I pressed the power button 3 times from 2 times of styling(one before the rain and one after). This is not too bad, is it??
I notice that it was turned off straight away because the power light was off and I constantly check if I had pressed the power button accidentally.
It is a little bit annoying, it is true, but it is nothing to freak about.
No biggie. I survive. 
I see more benefits from this iron than its stupid button location. So this product still wins.

And for DOVE make up remover, I love how clean my skin feels after I use this. I do not even see the residue of my mascara or eyeliner. BUT it HURTS SO MUCH if it gets into your eyes. Let's just say it. 
I know that pretty much anything would sting if it gets in your eyes, but these make up removers that are supposed to cleanse well seem to hurt more.
But again, I am saved from waking up with gross runny mascara residue on my lower eyelid in the next morning. HALLELUJAH! So this is a win too (of course, it is! why else would it be in my favorite video?!)

And Calvin Klein Perfume. I bought a box of mini Calvin Klein/ck perfumes. You know, the ones you can probably get at duty-free at international airports or department stores. One of those. I had ck ONE, Eternity purple orchid and some other ones, which I gave to my friends or relatives. I have only ck ONE and Eternity p.o. with me now.

Scent is something that is very important in my life.
I always put on the candle warmer when I come home, I hate it when my apartment smells funny, I love it when I am doing laundry and my stuff smells good and how the makeup products smell is one of the factor that determines how much I like the product.
And I have a funny habit of sniffing the back of my hands when I get nervous. 
And it is amazing how much one scent can remind you of some certain events, people and places.
When I catch a smell and I go "Ah, that reminds me of how Portland Airport. It smelled just like it." people go "Huh?"

ck ONE reminds me of my big brother. Well, I do not have a big bother but there is someone I call a big brother who lives in Oregon. He and his family is like a real family to me so I call them my American family.
So, this ck ONE reminds me of him and a little bit of his younger brother too. Probably because they lived in the same house and I could not really tell who's perfume it was. Or maybe none of them wore it. But somehow it reminds me of them. Nostalgic feeling.

So, when I like a scent, expensive or inexpensive perfumes/body sprays, usually the smells reminds me of something, not only it smells good.

Oh, I was supposed to talk about Eternity purple orchid. Oh well.
This is kinda like a re-discovery because I never wore it before. I just kept in a nice neat little box that came in, didn't even bother to open and it was sitting right in my perfume drawer. Then I moved to Sydney, leaving this perfume, well, any perfume behind. When I went back to Japan in January this year, I decided to take some perfumes with me and this was the last one I picked from my perfume collection. I was just like "Meh, why not?" but I think I made the right choice. I now like this very much as a work perfume. I feel more confident when I wear this, which I probably need for work. My work has a dress code and it is "dress professionally" but in reality it is almost like "wear blacks, and sometimes gray and white, mayyybe." so my wardrobe started looking darker and darker. I wear mostly only black nowadays. So where else can I personalize and be creative? Makeup and perfume! (and a bit of nail polish job when I feel like it.)
So this perfume lights things up. Eternity p.o. smells sweet on my skin but it still smells like a strong independent woman, not like a kind of cotton candy sweet scent that teenage cheerleader would have. I am not sure if I am mature enough to wear this for something else, I definitely would not pick this as a daily perfume, but this is a nice self-esteem booster for work for sure.

So I hope you enjoyed the video and this post.
Please let me know if you have some stories to tell about your favorite scent.

Have a great day.
Yui


No comments:

Post a Comment