Saturday, September 26, 2015

Lipstick Swatches of Australian "Pure Reds" Collection from Loreal + some other ColourRiche lippies

Hi!

Today's video is a swatch video.
I often think that swatches are very useful, especially when you can see in photos AND videos.
So I did both!

I am aware that the colors look different in the photos and videos. I think the video is closer to what you'd see in person, and the photos are there for you to compare some colors that looked identical in the video.



On this blog, I also want to share what I think about them, very briefly. It is almost like a first impression though. I haven't given all the colors enough time to review, but I can give some sort of  overall thoughts on them.

Now please have a look at this post for some photos of the products throught the link below.
Loreal Paris sent me something! (Unboxing Video)

Let's start the swatchfest!

My bare arm, just for the reference.

From L to R: Laetitia, Doutzen, Blake, Eva, JLo and Frieda.

L to R: Androgyne, Cristal Cappuccino and Orange Fever.
Let's have a look at what they all look like on me. These are screen captures of my video and closer shots of my lips.
My bare lips.


Blake's Red
Blake's Red

Eva's Red
Eva's Red

Frieda's Red
Frieda's Red

JLo's Red
JLo's Red

Doutzen's Red
Doutzen's Red

Laetitia's Red
Laetitia's Red

All the colors on my put together for easier comparison.

A little closer look, in the same order as the picture above.


You can see that colors for Blake and Eva are very very similar. They are similar in person too, not just on photos. But I think Blake's has a stronger blue (cool) undertone compared to Eva's and it is a tiny bit brighter, I think.
And as for the JLo, it has a hint of brown. It still is a red, but it is less bright compared to Blake or Eva. I think it looks nice on people with olive/yellow skin undertone. Very mature kind of red, in my opinion.
As far as the product texture goes, they are all pretty smooth but not greasy. I know some lipsticks can be nice and smooth but pretty soft and greasy, which can end up bleeding on your lips. These are not those bad ones.
They are smooth yet semi-matte and great color payoff!
They smell like makeup though. They are fragranced, and not in an impressive way. It is not too annoying but it is not super pleasant either. I can definitely smell it, but it does't bother me too much. 

Now let's move on to the other colors!


Androgyne
Androgyne

Orange Fever
Orange Fever

Cristal Cappuccino
Cristal Cappuccino

All three colors on me.

Close up comparison of three colors.

There is nothing super interesting about these three lipsticks to be honest.
I mean, they are not similar to each other, they are different finish and different color.
However, I'd like to point out that shimmery lipsticks, particularly Cristal Cappuccino feels pretty grainy on lips. I think it is because of the shimmer/glitter in the product but I can really feel the grain of it when I press my lips together.
Also matte color (Androgyne) looks and feels pretty dry on my lips. I think you can already tell in the photos.
I wonder why they can't make all these colors in the same formula/texture as Pure Reds collection. I was pretty impressed with how well it applies and how pigmented they are.
I don't really see myself reaching for these three lipsticks simply because of the texture. (Colors too but it is a pure personal preference)
Oh, yes, they smell the same as Pure Reds collection. 

That's about it for today.
I hope this was helpful and you enjoyed it.
Thanks again for watching and coming to my blog.
Hope you have an amazing weekend!



--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Follow me on Instagram・Facebook!!

Instagram: Yuiph
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChewyMakeup

Thank you ♡ ٩(๑´3`๑)۶

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

No comments:

Post a Comment