Saturday, October 10, 2015

Beauty Hits and Misses of August and September 2015


Hi everyone!

It's October already! It feels like it was just New Year's day yesterday... Time flies!
We'll have Halloween soon, then it will be Christmas soon after that, followed by NYE and New Year's Day then soon it will be Easter again! No wonder I forget how old I am...

It's been pretty busy and I know that this video is kinda late, but it is better than never!

So here is my Beauty Hits and Misses video!
This video features some products that are talked about a lot lately and/or that are many people's favorite. Here is what I think about them.
I know its a long video, I had a lot of good stuff I wanted to share, so I hope you like it.


Products mentioned:

Maybelline FitMe Concealer (15&20)
NATIO Mineral Lip Gloss in Caramel
Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette
Beauty Cottage Gorgeous Shadow Palette (honorable mention)
Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Blush in Poser
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation in Buff Beige

My faaaaave of this month (and last month).
I really needed some time to thoroughly evaluate this Too Faced Palette.
As I explained in the video, I didn't want to say I like this palette just because I got it for my birthday or just because it is a high-end product or it smells like a chocolate. If it doesn't work well as an eyeshadow palette, I won't mention it in my video as a favorite. So I took time with this palette, figuring out what makes this palette a good one.

Dupes for Mousse and Rum Raisin

Mousse and Hazelnut from Mary Kay.

Rum Raisin and Granite from Mary Kay.
Like I said in the video, these dupes don't necessarily look the same in the swatch (For a swatch, please watch my video) but they can be used interchangeably or have a very similar finish (at least on my skin anyway), so I wanted to mention it.

Products that were dissapointment:


Maybelline Dream Nude Air Foam Foundation in Porcelain Ivory
CANMAKE Hyper Slim Gel Eyeliner
No7 Radient Glow Concealer in II

I honestly have no idea why a lot of the Maybelline's foundations oxydize so bad! I have tried a bunch of different foundations (liquid, mineral or powder) from Maybelline and I notice that a lot of them turn super orange on my skin! The only foundation from Maybelline that I am happy with is the one I mentioned above, Instant Age Rewind, which is no longer sold in Australia, I believe. :( I got this foundation (Age Rewind one) at a chemist in Paddington in Sydney a while ago. I guess some shops would still sell these to get rid of the stock or sell them as imported products. Most likely the latter one though. You can also find some products that are no longer sold in Australian drugstores at the market in Haymarket. I think the products there are imported from the U.S. Or online shops are your friends when it comes to this kind of things.

I hope you are having a great weekend!




--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Follow me on Instagram・Facebook!!

Instagram: Yuiph
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChewyMakeup

Thank you ♡ ٩(๑´3`๑)۶

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

No comments:

Post a Comment