Thursday, December 17, 2015

My IMATS experience (2015)

Hi!

Today, I'd like to share my experience of IMATS Sydney 2015.

This is Part 2 of the IMATS video.
Part 1 is a haul video which you can watch here.



So the first part of this video was about the shops. Mainly Hakuhodo and Crown.
But I'd like to share a bit more here.
I shopped at Scotty's Makeup, PM Studio, Hakuhodo, Royal and Langnickel, Crown.

Royal Langnickel is one of the largest booth but they don't necessarily carry all/tons of products. It just is a big space occupied by this company. I could not find one of the brush I really wanted to get. The series they had discounts on was kinda limited, but it was the best deal (50% off) out of all, I believe.

Crown Brush was packed! Like I said in the video, it was very difficult to browse or even find the products you are after, even when you know exactly what you want.
Plus, they didn't seem to have any discounts. In fact, it was a markup, as it was mentioned in the video. I remember that most (if not all) the brushes were clean numbers. They were all like $7.00 or $24.00, no cents.

Hakuhodo didn't have much on the display but it was one of the highlights of IMATS, as always.
People of Hakuhodo are so polite, so knowledgeble and they are patient. They are not pushy, but recommends you stuff with confidence.
The pricing was very reasonable for Aussie brush lovers. As it is mentioned in the video, it is almost 25% off if you pay with cash (factoring in the conversion). If you pay with the credit card, you are paying the regular price in US dollars.

Scotty's Makeup was huge and open! Apparently "Scotty" is the head of ACMUSE (Australian College of Makeup and Special Effects), so there are a lot of students of ACMUSE trying to give you the college booklets and have a little chat. I was actually interested in the school so I asked some questions but they were nice people. Embryolisse was on 20% off.

PM Studio was also super busy but they had a better check out system.
You tell the store person which products you want (so you have to catch an attention of the person first, which can be a small challenge) and they will give you a ticket. You grab the ticket and go up to the register and pay. You can browse some more after you got the ticket and add some products to your "basket" as well by telling them your ticket number.
For Cover FX Custom Drop, it was almost 30% off. $54 to $38.
The same goes for MUFE Ultra HD Foundation, it was down to $44 from normal $62.


One of the greatest thing you can experience at IMATS is a chance to have one-on-one chat with professionals from Australia and overseas.
There are some professional makeup artists that I personally had a chat with.
Everyone I talked to was absolutely friendly and super nice!! So glad that I gathered up my courage to talk to them!
I get the feeling that those people are there to help you, guide you and inspire you. They are not necessarily there to socialize with you, but if you approach them with respect, they are happy to help as much as they can!

Keynote speakers of 2015!
I listen to all of the keynote speakers (at least partially).
Gino has some crazy technique that is so creative and it was so inspiring to hear him and have a brief conversation with him!
Rosher was really funny and I will never forget that he was so happy when the A/C was turned on.
Tami was a very determined makeup artist-to-be when she was studying! That movitation and passion she had was amazing. She is also really down to earth!

Liza Coggins was fantastically upbeat and friendly! Girl crush!
I personally had a chat with Liza and she is amazing!She was like a girl next door and super friendly. She even gave me a hug when she had to go. I am totally having a girl crush on her for how lively, friendly and talented she is!

Kiekie looked much more naturaly beauty than in this photo.

"Dry brush it!" Yes, ma'am.
 
I am Adam's big fan!
Adam Johansen was super sweet too. (I am fond of him and respect him too much to call him by his first name so I'm going to address him as Mr. Johansen.)
I asked him some questions that was very... well, practical but maybe not-so-easy to answer. He was politely picking words and I could tell that he is really a lovely gentle man. 
Sometimes you can really tell if a person is so loving and kind or evil just by talking for 1 minute. (Like I instantly fell in love with Liza Coggins and Rae Morris for their cheerful charactor and humbleness)
For Mr. Johansen, I felt that from his talk show in 2013, then I felt it even more by talking to him personally this time.


At the first two IMATS, I had an honor to meet and greet Rae Morris. She was sweet and so gentle. I loved watching her demonstration because you learn so much! Unfortunately she was not on stage or in the booth on Saturday this year.

I missed you this year, Rae!!!! xx

That's my IMATS 2015 experience!
I hope you enjoyed the video and reading what I did on the blog.

Thank you so much for your suport and have a good weekend!






--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

Follow me on Instagram・Facebook!!

Instagram: Yuiph
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChewyMakeup

Thank you ♡ ٩(๑´3`๑)۶

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

No comments:

Post a Comment