Friday, August 24, 2012

"A Date with Heartbreak" lip balm review

The first post in a while is the review of this lip balm.

What a catchy name? A date with heartbreak! Love the package too.

I bought this at Priceline ages ago and it was on sale.
The tin can was so retro-looking and very attractive. Also it was SPF 15 so I thought I would definitely love it.
Unfortunately there was no tester for this product so someone must have opened this and it looked like it was touched. I usually do not buy stuff that other people might have touched but this tin can was cool and I thought it would be ok if I scrape off the top layer and spray alcohol.

But this had a very strong fake fruity smell to it and it is quite unpleasant. I mean it is not even fruity scent. It is just a plastic smell which makes me sick. When I sniff it put of the tin, it is not that bad, but when you put it on your lips it is exaggerated and lingers all day long.
What I hated the most is that the smell even interferes my sense of taste. Anything I eat smells/tastes like this lip balm. I would not want that even with most delicious lip balm or lipgloss.

I hate to say it but I do not like this product at all. What I am going to do is to scoop out all the lip balm out of this tin can and wash it and make it my bobby pin storage or little pill case. I still love the package, this slide-open tin can is practical and too cute to chick in the bin. But the lip balm has to go. Sorry.


Negative reviews can be as helpful as positive ones, I hope.

Yui

No comments:

Post a Comment