Tuesday, February 10, 2015

THE BRUSH CONTEST!

Hey everyone!

As the title says, I want to talk about Loreal Paris' first international makeup contest!

So what they are doing is that they have a contest open to anyone, yes, open to amateurs and to professional makeup artists to express themselves all around the world!
When I heard about it, I thought it was too good to be true, but Chloe Morello announced that she is going to be the judge of Australian local contest, I was like "This is REAL!" and started thinking about it seriously. (If you don't know who she is, she is a big Aussie beauty youtuber and she is really really gorgeous inside and out! I personally met her only once but she gave me a super friendly hug! I'll never forget that...)

So today, I am coming to you with my entry video to the contest!

The video had to be less than 3 mintues and that includes the introduction, so I cut down a lot of product info, but if you are ever interested, I will make a detailed version of the tutorial sometime, so please let me know in the comments here or on YouTube. :)

Anyway, I thought I'd give it a shot in the contest, because...WHY NOT!?
I mean, I like the colors but I never did a super colorful tutorial because no one requested and I thought I was the only one who likes colors... Now I have a reason to use colors! Excellent excuse!
Also as I said in the video, I wanted to share this so that people with eye shapes and eyelids like mine feel more comfortable even though we are considered minorities and there are not much information out there about what to do with our eyes. I just want to encourage other people with monolids/heavy lids to go creative and have fun!
There are tricks like "peek-a-boo" in the video that only monolids and heavy lids can do. And I think it is quite fun and cute! Also we get a big flat canvas so we can REALLY be creative and have fun.
So I hope you enjoy this!






No comments:

Post a Comment