Saturday, July 21, 2012

EMOTIONAL BRILLIANCE! Revealed!!

I got up 8:45 this morning even though I was supposed to get up much earlier to get ready and see the new LUSH range, and VERY quickly slapped on tinted moisturizer and mascara and got out of the house to go to my local (now I finally have my LOCAL, booyah) LUSH.

This is released on the same day all over the world but Australia is the first country to open to public(as I said in the last post) so I am sooo excited!!


When I came down to LUSH store, I saw Sarah putting on a beautiful beautiful blue eyeshadow. And right in front of her, there was this funny looking thingie.

What is this?!
Look at me listening with some serious attitude
as she explains!

So this is a whole new Makeup range from LUSH and you spin the color wheel to figure out TRUE YOURSELF at that time by picking up colors on the wheel.

How I did was:

1. Close your eyes, imagine yourself in a light room with nothing in it, but yourself and the person who is taking you through this< of course.

2. Take your time to be able to completely imagine that.

3. Open your eyes and look at the color wheel. Pick first 3 colors that your eyes. NO THINKING! It has to be spontaneous. 

4. And that is the colors that represents you now.

All the orders and colors have meaning based on the real color therapy.

First color you pick is your strength.

Second one is your subconscious need.
Third color is your talent, something that you need to achieve your first two things.

Me trying the color wheel.
 I was excited but scared a bit too.


I picked some beautiful beautiful colors (but they were all really pretty colors!) here.

My colors were:

First - Vibrant. I think it is true. I think the best feature in me is that I am upbeat and friendly. 

Second - Control. OMG this is soooo true. I need to take control, I do... My boyfriend was taking photos of me trying the wheel and when we found about this, he just laughed.

Third - Passion. Looks like with my passion, I will be able to achieve to be more vibrant and have more control in my life.


Holding up my subconscious need: CONTROL.

















The colors of the day.


















So I tried the colors I picked!!
Looking a bit nervous to try.

Trying part it always fun!
You have to try on your face, not only on your hands.




















The swatches of the colors I picked.
From left to right, Control, Passion and Vibrant.

Tip of Eyeliner, Control. 
Sadly tip of Passion was missing.
Doe-foot applicator
for liquid face colors.

Passion Liquid Lip Stick on the actual lips!   

The application was a bit awkward at the store because we had to use Q-tips instead of the applicator provided, but I managed.

The texture of lip color and eyeshadow was creamy, I was surprised to find out how creamy and smooth the lip color was.
Eyeliner was a bit funny: I could see the liquid and gooey part was separate in the bottle, especially this eyeliner color I picked, although the color was soooo pretty! This was definitely my color.

Applying eyeliner without the brush but with Q-tip and my finger was the hardest thing I have ever done!!

In a different light, Vibrant on my eye.























I think it is kinda hard to see because it was very sheer and Q-tip application was, again, not ideal to really see the color. But it felt soft and buildable.

Please excuse my awkward eyeliner.
I had only 5 minutes
 for makeup this morning.


Passion, closer look.



The most fun part of this Emotional Brilliance is that it is very spontaneous and you don't get to pick on your own. Your inner self would pick it for you depending on how you are feeling.
Also you get to try the colors that you thought you would never try.
For me, it would be the lip color. I would not go for fuchsia color, ever, because I never thought I would look good with it.
But now I have tried and I am like "Heyy, this is not bad!! *grins*"

I am pretty sure that this can be really fun to you, if you like colors, like me. :)
Also even if you do not buy stuff at LUSH, getting an easy, quick color therapy is so fun.

Recently I have been writing about LUSH so much because they bring out so much fun stuff and people there are so adorable, but trust me, I am not paid, sponsored or getting products for free or anything for this!!! This is just my honest thoughts on LUSH.

So, today, I got the eyeliner, which was $24.95. Pretty pricy for eyeliner, huh? I blew all my spending money of the week on this, but the color was lovely and unlike normal LUSH products, it should last 18 months so I thought, WHY NOT??? It is about the same kind of price range with other normal drugstore cosmetic brands' eyeliner, like Loreal and Revlon, so it is not toooo bad, but I  personally would love it if it was 5-6 dollars cheaper. I mean I know it is LUSH, everything is more expensive there. I think some of the products are totally worth it, but I cannot have ALL the things from LUSH (although I would really like to have all the stuff) because I would have to rob the bank to do that.

So I will see how my CONTROL eyeliner works and update it here with photos and more of the detailed review. So keep coming back for that!

Take care! Have a good Saturday afternoon!

Yui


No comments:

Post a Comment