Saturday, December 28, 2013

Foundation Tutorial for Full Coverage Foundation

Yay, there is another tutorial here! It's been a while since I did my last tutorial, so I am relieved to be back on track.

This video is about how to apply a full coverage liquid foundation for natural finish.
And by natural, I mean "you can't detect where it starts and where it begins and you can believe that it is your REAL skin".
Recently, natural started to mean minimum and bare. It is true in a sense, but in makeup world, natural look does not necessarily mean that you are not wearing makeup at all.

I believe that natural look is supposed to be somewhat made up but no dramatic colors or lines on the face. You might be able to see makeup on the person but it contributes her (or him) looking pretty, not MAKEUP looking pretty, I think.
I think it is kinda hard to explain. But I hope you get the idea.

A lot of full coverage foundations I tired have cakey, thick-looking finish. It is due to the thick consistency in the formula and I do not like it.
When I put it on, it looks fake and obvious that I am wearing a foundation. Plus, if they come off for all different reasons like rain, sweat and rubbing/scratching, it is so obvious to the world that my foundation came off patchy.

I realized the most effective way to apply foundation to make it look natural like you are not wearing anything, but still covering things and making your skin look more even is applying your foundation thinly in many layers, rather than applying one thick coat of it.

When you have a closer look at your face, most of the people, including myself, don't need full coverage EVERYWHERE. There are bits like cheek and around nose that needs more coverage and there are other bits like forehead and outer parts of thee face that doesn't need much coverage.
So why apply foundation like crazy everywhere and make it look like you have a full face mask?
Of course, to make it look even, you need to apply foundation everywhere, even your neck, but how much of it you need to apply really depends on the places of your face.

So how do you achieve such a thing without a fuss with only one full coverage foundation?
Well, that's what this video is about.


Like I said in the description of the video as well, I like using my (fake) beautyblender sponge.
But you can get the very similar effect with cheap disposable latex sponge too!
With this, you can either chuck the sponge after use to keep it easy or you can wash it and dry to use it a few times to save some money. Either way, I think it is a cool method.

Also even in summer, just a dust of face powder with this method would keep your foundation in place much longer too. What a bonus!

Hope you enjoy!

Yui



No comments:

Post a Comment